2.7.13

Veganism as a Sacred Practice and Spiritual Path

Righteous. That's what I think of when I remember the motivation of my choices. Not self-righteous, but true righteousness- the kind of actions that embody justice and unwavering intent towards truth. I am a Vegan. I am a Human. I am a Lover, and I am a Warrior. My desire is to grow and live more fully in joy, aligned with my true values of compassion, peace, love, and honesty. Integrity through my actions is extremely important to me; and I can't pretend to be completely impeccable, because I am growing just like you! I love being this way. One part of my life that I know I am impeccable in is my commitment to non-violence through my eating choices. I am a part of a growing number of people who are NOT willing to compromise when it comes to the life and value of another living being.
Veganism as a sacred practice means acknowledging and feeling the experiences of my sacred non-human family, as I go through my life. By simply observing what is happening around me. And by making choices that reflect what I can see.
This is a spiritual path, meaning that it may take years for these values to integrate into other aspects of my Being. This is beautiful.
If you are not on a Vegan path or you are a Vegan and you compromise your integrity through your actions, Why is that? Are you afraid of something that is within you? Remember that we hold intentions and emotions in different places in our bodies. It very well may be that you are feeling somethings that are extremely uncomfortable and masking those emotions. I am asking you to examine the ways of thinking you have held inside for so very long. I believe in you completely. All I want for you is to question the disconnect you have been conditioned to create inside your bodymind. And together we can move towards a more peaceful planet for ALL living beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us feedback! What are your thoughts about this? How do you feel about this? What do you want to say?